Youth Boys Team (Grades 2nd - 5th)
Signal Mountain Youth Lacrosse offers an instructional and developmental focus for kids in grades 2nd-5th and welcomes new players to the sport!
Lacrosse, known as “the fastest game on two feet,” is North America’s oldest sport and America’s fastest growing youth sport.
We are excited to announce that registration for the 2023 season is NOW OPEN!
Our Signal Mountain Youth Lacrosse program partners with Southern Edge to manage and schedule all regular season games plus an end of season tournament. Team practices will be on the mountain and games will be played once a week on Tuesdays or Thursdays at the North River YMCA. The season begins March 11 and wraps up on April 29 with a tournament.
Registration runs from now through February 14 and the cost is $115.
Late registration is from February 15 to March 11 and the cost is $135.
Prior to registering, you will need to get a USA Lacrosse membership for your player. Memberships are required for all ages and act as a supplemental insurance policy for your child. The cost for a youth membership is $30. It is valid for one year and will also cover summer leagues should your child decide to play. For membership or to renew your child’s membership, click here https://membership.uslacrosse.org/.
U12 Coaches NEEDED!
Our youth program is fully recreational, so we do rely on parents and volunteers to coach. We have two returning coaches, David Hughes and Austin Cone, who did a great job with our team last year. If you would like to help out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Southern Edge also provides a coaching clinic for parents or volunteers who are new to the sport and are interested in coaching. You can find details on their site.
- Practices will be every Tuesday and Thursday beginning March 2. The coaches will contact you with specific times and information once registration ends.
- Practice will be held at Hedges Field which is located between the Recycling Center and the Town Hall baseball fields. If the Town of Signal Mountain closes the fields, we will not have practice.
- All communication will be done through the GroupMe App once your child is registered.
Players will need a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, a stick, and a mouth guard. Academy and Dick’s sell out quickly, so you may need to order online. And ask around, you can often find a player who has outgrown his gear.
* Whether you are purchasing new or used gear, make note of the new chest protector requirements. Chest protectors must meet NOCSAE standard for chest protection beginning Jan 1, 2022. Link: https://www.usalacrosse.com/lacrosse-chest-protector-fa
- LAX Helmet
- mouth guard
- LAX chest protector*
- LAX stick
- LAX gloves
- LAX arm guards / elbow pads
- athletic/protective cup
- Cleats (preferred) and tennis shoes on conditioning days
- Water bottle
Gear, Equipment & Safety
- LOCAL - Dick's Sporting Goods and Academy
- Practice pennie
- Game jerseys