Middle School Boys Team (Grades 6th - 8th)
Middle School lacrosse is where young athletes begin emerging into a competitive environment. Athletes at this age are preparing to be competitors. With respect to the competition at this level, coaches parents, and officials should model and emphasize:
- Good Sportsmanship
- Exploring and applying new tactical skills
Date & Time: TBA
Meeting ID: TBA
Call for Volunteers
- HOME GAME REPRESENTATIVE - REQUIRED POSITION FOR GAMES - help run scoreboard table, clock, act as liason between officials and coaches, etc.
- Parent Coaches - help run practices and assist during games
- Team Parent - help coordinate communications and special needs (tournament needs like tents/food/drinks and help organize an end of season celebration)
Coaches & Staff
- Begins: Thursday Feb 4 @ 3pm
- Typical schedule: Depending on weather, practices will be held M, T, Th and Friday
- Practices are on the band field
- Keep your tennis/running shoes in your equipment bag in case weather requires we move indoor
- Mother nature causes our schedule to be ever changing unfortunately. We understand that this is not ideal but all efforts will be made to keep you informed in a timely matter in GroupMe and via the Teamsnap Mobile App.
Be AWARE - MS LAX ALLOWS:
- Full stick checking legal, but no one-handed checks
- Body checking legal, but no take-out checks
If you have questions regarding practices please contact Coach Kendall Harrison or Grant Summerlin.
Code Of Conduct
- Be ON TIME - all gear on, ready to practice/play BEFORE start time!
- RESPECT - Please, respect teammates, opponents, coaches, and officials at all times!
- GOLDEN RULE - Treat others the way you want to be treated!
NO GEAR = NO PLAY
- LAX Helmet
- mouth guard
- LAX chest protector*
- LAX stick
- LAX gloves
- LAX arm guards / elbow pads
- athletic/protective cup
- Cleats (preferred) and tennis shoes on conditioning days
- Water bottle
* Must meet NOCSAE performance standard ND200 for Commotio Cordis/ chest protection beginning Jan 1, 2022
- Practice pennie
- Game jerseys
Inclement Weather Policy
- NO practice when field is too wet
- NO practice during extreme cold, heavy rain, and thunder/lightening
- Will practice in light rain/drizzle
* Coach will attempt to use common sense and discretion about weather
** Coach will try to give a minimum of a (1) hour notice for cancellations
- Will adhere to all HCDE and SML policies for middle school sports
- Common Sense Protocols - Symptoms? Close Contact? Positive Case? - PLEASE KEEP YOUR SON HOME
Gear, Equipment & Safety
- Practice pennie
- Game jerseys
Hello Signal Mountain Lacrosse families!
We are excited to announce that the 2022 season registration is NOW OPEN! Registration can be completed for our Middle School and High School teams here and will be open through January 31st!
All players, regardless of age, are required to have a USA Lacrosse membership that is valid at least through May 31, 2022 prior to being able to register as you will be required to enter your USL membership number on the registration page. Additionally, players must have this membership prior to practicing since this provides player insurance for games as well as practices. Memberships can be purchased or renewed at the USA Lacrosse website (www.usalacrosse.com) and click on the “JOIN” button at the top of the page.
We look forward to another exciting season of Eagle lacrosse! Please also pass this information along to any other players or families that may be interested.