Middle School Boys Team (Grades 6th - 8th)
Focus & Core Skills
Middle School lacrosse is where young athletes begin emerging into a competitive environment. Athletes at this age are preparing to be competitors. With respect to the competition at this level, coaches parents, and officials should model and emphasize:
- Good Sportsmanship
- Exploring and applying new tactical skills
Positions - Middie, Attack, Defense, and Goalie
Be AWARE - MS LAX ALLOWS:
Full stick checking legal, but no one-handed checks
Body checking legal, but no take-out checks
Code of Conduct
Be ON TIME - all gear on, ready to practice/play BEFORE start time!
RESPECT - Please, respect teammates, opponents, coaches, and officials at all times!
GOLDEN RULE - Treat others the way you want to be treated!
HOME GAME REPRESENTATIVE - REQUIRED POSITION FOR GAMES - help run scoreboard table, clock, act as liason between officials and coaches, etc.
Parent Coaches - help run practices and assist during games
Team Parent - help coordinate communications and special needs (tournament needs like tents/food/drinks and help organize an end of season celebration)
NO GEAR = NO PLAY
- LAX Helmet
- mouth guard
- LAX chest protector*
- LAX stick
- LAX gloves
- LAX arm guards / elbow pads
- athletic/protective cup
- Cleats (preferred) and tennis shoes on conditioning days
- Water bottle
* Must meet NOCSAE performance standard ND200 for Commotio Cordis/ chest protection beginning Jan 1, 2022
- LOCAL - Dick's Sporting Goods and Academy
- Practice pennie
- Game jerseys
NEWS & UPDATES
Hello Signal Mountain Lacrosse families!
We are excited to announce that the 2022 season registration is NOW OPEN! Registration can be completed for our Middle School and High School teams here and will be open through January 31st!
All players, regardless of age, are required to have a USA Lacrosse membership that is valid at least through May 31, 2022 prior to being able to register as you will be required to enter your USL membership number on the registration page. Additionally, players must have this membership prior to practicing since this provides player insurance for games as well as practices. Memberships can be purchased or renewed at the USA Lacrosse website (www.usalacrosse.com) and click on the “JOIN” button at the top of the page.
We look forward to another exciting season of Eagle lacrosse! Please also pass this information along to any other players or families that may be interested.
Will adhere to all HCDE and SML policies for middle school sports
Common Sense Protocols - Symptoms? Close Contact? Positive Case? - PLEASE KEEP YOUR SON HOME
- Begins: Thursday Feb 3 @ 3pm
- Typical schedule: Depending on weather, practices will be held M, T, Th, and Friday
- Practices are on the band field
- Keep your tennis/running shoes in your equipment bag in case weather requires we move indoor
- Mother nature causes our schedule to be ever-changing, unfortunately. We understand that this is not ideal but all efforts will be made to keep you informed in a timely matter in GroupMe and via the Teamsnap Mobile App.
Inclement Weather Policy
NO practice when field is too wet
NO practice during extreme cold, heavy rain, and thunder/lightening
Will practice in light rain/drizzle
* Coach will attempt to use common sense and discretion about weather
** Coach will try to give a minimum of a (1) hour notice for cancellations
If you have questions or would like to be added to our email list send request to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to MS boys group.
If you have questions regarding practices please contact Coach Kendall Harrison, Assistant Coach Steven Warren, George Armstrong, or Grant Summerlin.